Share it Please
Not to say that God is powerless if we don't believe, but if we personally want to see God do things in and through our lives, we have to take Him at His word. That's the beauty of the Christian faith -- God promises things in the bible; when we take those as truth and stuff happens, it eases our doubts and confirms that God does in fact do what He says. This only increases our faith, which allows us to believe even more in His power to do awesome things! It's a cycle that leads to a life fully lived (which Jesus said He came for).
Here's "Make Room for a Miracle" by Greg Surratt:
Some notes...Miracles we can expect to see:
- Miracle of God's creation - Grand design of the universe
- Intricacies of the human eye
- We experience miracles daily in the intricacies of our bodies & environment
- We can turn these into worship experiences if we choose to pay attention
- Miracle of God's favor
- Results far exceed the effort that is being put in
- Leviticus 26:8 "Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you."
- Favor follows obedience
- Matthew 6:31-33 "So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
- Seek first..., and you'll get the things that "dominate the thoughts of unbelievers."
- Miracle of God's direct intervention
- 2 Kings 4:11-37
- God wants to give birth to a miracle inside you, for His glory
- Sometimes the dream is so buried in hurt and discouragement, that it takes someone of faith to bring it out
- Sometimes after the miracle is born, God allows it to die
- When it does, cry out to God
- Don't blame Him for stuff the enemy does and drive a wedge between you and God.
- Don't settle, but be tenacious in your approach and appeal to God
- Just because the first attempt at a resurrection doesn't work, doesn't mean it's time to quit
- Sometimes you need to shut the door, go in alone and cry out to God
- God's path for a miracle in you may take you places you don't expect
- When it's not working, don't stop, just do something different
- If you're in a climate and atmosphere where nothing is impossible, anything can happen