Share it Please
Here is the third sermon in the "Jesus Is _____." series by Judah Smith.
Usually I write some comment on the sermon, but nothing's hitting me with this one at the moment, so maybe take the time you may otherwise spend reading the nonsense I write, and check out these scriptures!
1 John 4:15 - "If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God."
- Having someone else with you somehow subsides fears
- We tend to believe that we don't get God's presence if we aren't "good" Christians and go to church, etc.
- But what does 1 John 4:15 say?
- A missionary life has struggles
- It's because we are a target
- Hunters don't shoot at dead animals; the enemy knows that
- John 16:33 - “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- This is spoken just after Jesus' disciples said they finally believe in Him (it's near the end of his ministry)
- Jesus says even they will leave Him, but it's okay because He isn't alone, but with God.
- Jesus found solace in knowing He was with God.
- If being in God's presence is more real to you than being in the world, you are unshakable.
- Hebrews 13:5 - "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you
have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I
- This verse says that the antidote to worrying about having enough money and stuff in life is God's presence.
- Hebrews quotes Deuteronomy - "He'll never leave nor forsake you"
- "Leave" means let you down. "Forsake" means walk away.
- God's presence isn't only in spiritual environments...He's there ALWAYS.
- Always is when we tend to need Him most.